Tuesday, November 6, 2012

8 Days Left!


What I want to remember about today:

I want to remember that the twins haven’t adjusted to the time change yet. They pitter-pattered into the room and snuggled with us. Michael stroked my forehead.

I want to remember that William insisted on wearing his sister’s old ballet shoes to bed last night. And we let him.

I want to remember that one boy wore his fireman’s helmet and the other wore his Easter Sunday fedora.
“You’re a fireman!” I told him.
“No. I’m just pretending to be a fireman,” he replied.

I want to remember that we woke up early enough to put hair in braids. I don’t want to remember that it’s because there’s a lice scare at school.

I want to remember that we waved to the garbage collectors.

I want to remember that the whole family drove 100 miles for a forty-five minute Little Angel rehearsal. We had a picnic on the tables outside Safeway. Matt brought cloth napkins and plastic cutlery for everyone.

I want to remember that we started a new game: someone yells out a word and the kindergartner tries to guess what letter it starts with.
“Nose!”
“N!”
“Cowboy boots!”
“K!”

I want to remember that the twins started finishing each other’s sentences and that they played tee-ball in the driveway with Daddy.

That the “Naked Parade” is getting shorter and shorter each night.

That our new lullaby is “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.”

I want to remember that it took me a very long time to settle down and write tonight, but I eventually got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment