Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More Raising Happiness Guest Posts

There are more posts on Raising Happiness.

Here are the links to posts 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.

Step Ten:
Have Dinner as a Family




Step Nine: 
Nurture Happiness and Foster Resilience

The tools that nurture happiness are the same ones that foster resilience. I found that out when I had to tell my daughter that Grandpa was dying.



Step Eight: Living in the Present
Enjoy the Present Moment

This was a fun one. It's where I get to incorporate all those metaphors we use for time as a container, as in full calendar or an empty schedule. When considering a new task or activity, we wonder how we can fit it into our busy lives. Cool stuff! And I got to use this adorable picture of Michael.


Step Seven: Self-Discipline 

Chapter 7 in the book Raising Happiness is my favorite chapter. I love the ideas on how to structure your life and your parenting so that kids make good choices rather than depending on a system of rules, bribes and punishments.




Step Six

During the three months that the boys spent in intensive care, I stuck to a strict routine. Really, I did it because it was the only way to get me out of bed. (But this post is a little more positive than that!)



Step Five

Boy, this woman was annoying. Raising Happiness and conceptual metaphor analysis to the rescue!


No comments:

Post a Comment